Infantile cerebral paralysis (ICP)
ICP (infantile cerebral paralysis) - is a disease which has characters of its own, such as diverse abnormalities in locomotive organs' functioning, enunciation and psychic condition. ICP becomes apparent in early childhood as a result of lesion of Central Nervous System, and does not grow worse from then on.
The reasons of contracting to ICP have not been investigated properly so far, but the risk factors that predispose to ICP are known. They may be divided into three groups:
- Before the pregnancy (menstrual cycle disorder, short or long interval between the labour, genetic syndromes, spontaneous abortions or mortinatuses in anamnesis, intake of thyroid hormones).
- During the pregnancy (fetal infections, small or big fetus mass, prematurity, postmaturity).
- During the labour and the infancy (lengthy oxygen starvation of the fetus during the labour, obstetrical intervention).
There are four clinical versions of ICP based on abnormalities in locomotive organs' functioning: spastic, dyskinetic, atactic and mixed forms.
Apitherapy in the treatment of ICP
ICP might be characterized by absence of any treatment for it up till now, some methods for rehabilitation being known just as a part of the general physical rehabilitation (physiotherapy, massage, exercise therapy) which corrects locomotive abnormalities only.
Some years ago we developed a new approach for solving the problem within the framework of the programme "APITOX" based on the application of bee venom fractions; it allows applying therapy and rehabilitation simultaneously during the reasonable period of hospitalization.
We are glad to say that we can offer an absolutely new approach based on applying of apitoxinotherapy in combination with apikinesitherapy, including medicines prepared on the basis of pollen, honey, herbs, propolis, royal jelly along with a special rehabilitation complex.
Aims and tasks: physical and psychic medical rehabilitation of ICP patients.
Physical rehabilitation allows first of all, improving of locomotive abilities of the patient due to:
- Rehabilitation of normal muscle tone of limbs;
- Correction of contracture and deformity of limbs;
- Destruction of habitual motor skills;
- Formation of new joint range of motions;
- Fastening motor skills that have been acquired during the period of treatment.
Psychic rehabilitation improves mental power of the patient due to:
- Improvement of enunciation;
- Improvement of memory;
- Normalization of cerebral blood flow and metabolism.
Another aims of the treatment:
- Reduction of spasmodic attacks frequency;
- Removal of hyperexcitability;
- Increase of protective strength of organism;
- Normalization of metabolism.
Bee venome effects in the treatment of ICP
|Effects achieved||Assisting factors and mechanisms of the achieved effects|
|1. Reduction of hypertonus of limbs (depending on ICP-forms)||
|2. Increase in muscle tone (depending on ICP-forms)||
|3. Formation of new locomotive abilities||
|4. Improvement of coordination||
|5. Improvement of enunciation||
|6. Improvement of memory||
|7. Reduce of spasmodic attacks of brain||
|8. Removal of hyperexcitability||
|9. Normalization of metabolism||
|10. Increase in protective strength of organism||
An integral part of the treatment, which allows achieving significant results, is a new direction - apikinesitherapy (combination of apitoxinotherapy and exercise therapy, mechanical and reflectory actions). At the same time its opportunities extend due to:
- Muscle hypertonus reduction owing to melittine;
- Removal of contracture and increasing of joint range of motions owing to adolapine's analgetic effect;
- Fastening of new skills owing to central stimulating action of apamin;
- Improvement of metabolism in the muscular tissue due to the intensification of microcirculation and changes of blood qualities.
This versatile and many-sided medical complex allows changing physical abilities, being used widely on the background of therapy provided and improving significantly the quality of psychic health.